The My Canada, My Inspiration 2017 coin collection celebrates everything it means to be Canadian - pocket change as diverse as our country, designed by Canadians, for Canadians exclusively for Canada's 150th anniversary year. These specially designed coins reflect a deep connection to this nation's history and how they touch the lives of every person who lives here. They've been created by people like you - for you! That's right, every 2017 coin was designed and voted on by everyday Canadians
- An exceptional souvenir to celebrate Canada's 150th
- Includes ALL 5 winning coin designs for 2017, including the very collectible 25¢ and $2 coins in COLOUR!
- A souvenir that will stand the test of time and be cherished by generations to come!
- A once-in-a-life-time set highlighting a milestone event in Canadian history!
- A fun way to inspire young collectors, and introduce them to the wonderful world of coins.
5 cent LIVING TRADITIONS- Gerald Gloade: reimagines the quintessential Canadian beaver in the traditional style of the Algonkian, celebrating 150 years of cultures meeting, sharing and evolving together.
10 cent WINGS OF PEACE- Amy Choi: captures our spirit of peacekeeping in a stylized design featuring an iconic maple leaf in the beak of a dove.
25 cent HOPE FOR A GREEN FUTURE- Joelle Wong: shares a child's hope for Canada's abundant nature to be preserved for years to come. Its playful design features a pair of hands bringing life to a plant that connects all living things represented by some notable Canadian animals.
$1 CONNECTING A NATION- Wesley Klassen: pays tribute to the railways that have brought our country together and the many impressive landmarks along Canada's rail routes.
$2 DANCE OF THE SPIRITS- Timothy Hsia: celebrates the wonders of Canada with an evocative design featuring the Northern Lights which the Cree peoples called 'the dance of the spirits'.