This unique 2020 $500 pure gold coin from the Royal Canadian Mint combines innovation with the beauty of a real Canadian mined diamond. A diamond’s cut shapes the sparkle that makes it an everlasting symbol of love burning bright. Nowhere is this more evident than with this extraordinary coin, which is both shaped like a diamond and includes a real inset .20 carat Forevermark Black Label diamond. The diamond is one of the last to be extracted from the Victor Mine in Northern Ontario. Adding to its collectability, the mintage is extremely limited to just 99. HST/GST exempt.
The coin’s shape and multi-faceted design are an exact reproduction of a patented trademark diamond cut from seen on Forevermark diamonds. On one of the coin’s crown side facets, an embedded 0.20 ct. Forevermark Black Label square diamond is the inspiration for the shape of its coin base. On the other crown side facets, the year “2020”, the word “CANADA” and the face value “500 DOLLARS” surround the obverse engraved on the table, which features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Did You Know?
Diamond is the hardest known material. That’s why 80% of all diamonds are used in research and industrial applications, from tools to electronic devices. The other 20% are used to create unforgettable jewellery designs and luxury pieces, like this coin. The embedded diamond is part of the Forevermark Black Label Collection from The De Beers Group of Companies. Less than 1% of the world’s gem-quality diamonds are eligible for this distinction, and each Forevermark diamond bears a laser-inscribed symbol that is an assurance of purity, beauty and responsible sourcing. The patented square diamond cut is exclusive to Crossworks Manufacturing Ltd., a Canadian company and the top diamantaire in North America.